Magic in the Ordinary: pen and watercolour sketchbook - with Andrew James
$191.00 - $229.00
8 Week Course
Your life is the longest thing you ever do - it deserves to be recorded! Andrew James presents how to keep an illustrated journal in pen and watercolour. No subject matter is off limits.
In this fun and encouraging class, we'll learn how to draw moments from our lives in our sketchbooks and then bring those sketches to life with watercolour. The first week is an introduction to the wonderful world of watercolour, and each following week, we will look at different genres of sketchbook drawing, taking a page from one of Andrew's books and learning to create your version of it.
Some genres covered include:
- Interior scenes - bathrooms, lounges, kitchens
- Collections of objects - like kids' toys, tools or
- Food and drink. What's for dinner, or what is left on the table at the end of a meal
- Flowers and foliage
- Things in packets - anything from toothpaste tubes to laundry detergent.
- How to start a sketchbook, ways to fit this habit into your life.
- How to draw the fast, free and fun way.
- How to choose what to draw
- Composition - how to arrange a sketchbook page
- How to select paints, mix colours, and apply them to the page in a variety of ways.
$12 Materials pack including A5 Sketchbook and a waterproof pen will be available from the tutor. If you already have some watercolours or brushes, bring them along to the first lesson. If no, don't worry - Andrew will bring paints and brushes for yo to try out.
Note regarding payment:
When you check out we offer two options for payment - internet banking or credit card. Our preference is internet banking as:
- We get the money the next day rather than 10 days later
- We don't pay credit card fees of approximately 2%
- It's much quicker for the Centre Manager to administrate
On completing your order you'll be given the bank account number.