Materials required after week 1. You will also need a notebook and pen for notes. An HB pencil for sketching.
Week 1: Wet strength paper, tape and gesso for exercises in class, preparing your first canvas and paint for week 1 during class. Cost $22
Paint: eg Atelier Interactive is excellent value for money and will last for 3 months painting at class and at home.
- A warm red eg cadmium red or pyrole red
- A cool red eg quinacridone magenta
- An earth yellow - yellow ochre
- A cool yellow eg hansa yellow light
- A warm blue eg pthalo blue (blue/green)
- A cool blue eg ultramarine blue also known as french ultramarine
- Paynes Grey and a palette for mixing paint during the session.
Surface: One 14 x 18" stretched canvas $14.99 or canvas board $7.99 on special now.
A set of acrylic brushes synthetic or bristle bring what you have already or contact office for advice
A 1" flat brush is very useful painting on this scale. (Jenny has some to loan during the class for the first week and we will source reasonably priced options for week 2)